View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 01:56 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Campeche Tarpon and Varivas hooks!

The Varivas brand had a very good following with North East & Mid Atlantic anglers for awhile. Some preferred them, particularly for species such as Albies.

Don't recall what happened, but they then became almost impossible to find. I still have a few around here, and they're excellent hooks.

I like Owner hooks, just don't use the AKI's as I don't tie for Tarpon, but when I was tying commercially, I had clients who preferred them over other hooks I used.

Used to also tie a lot on Eagle Claw L67's & 254's for Tarpon, as well as Mustad 7766's. They all needed sharpening, but since a lot of my tying was for guides, I guess they did that anyway.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!