View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 02:56 PM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Campeche Tarpon and Varivas hooks!

The Varivas brand had a very good following with North East & Mid Atlantic anglers for awhile. Some preferred them, particularly for species such as Albies.

Don't recall what happened, but they then became almost impossible to find. I still have a few around here, and they're excellent hooks.

I like Owner hooks, just don't use the AKI's as I don't tie for Tarpon, but when I was tying commercially, I had clients who preferred them over other hooks I used.

Used to also tie a lot on Eagle Claw L67's & 254's for Tarpon, as well as Mustad 7766's. They all needed sharpening, but since a lot of my tying was for guides, I guess they did that anyway.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!