View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 11:26 PM

planettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant future
Default Re: RS2 Sizing/ how to fish

The RS 2 is a pattern that has been around for over 30 years, There are many variations. Here is some information about the pattern and its' creator - Rim Chung:

One Fly Fisherman

This is the RS2 Home Page paying tribute to Rim Chung.

This is one I am playing with now and it may be tied on a light wire scud hook with a pearl or mercury glass bead and some 0.10 lead or lead sub. wraps under the thorax. I tie them in #14 - #22... fished deep or in the surface film and they ALL work...

Click the image to open in full size.

JUJU (UV 2) RS-2 EMERGER (Baetis, Gray/Olive)…Chung/Craven-Variant…or as my daughter ALLY would say. “Der…”…

HOOK: Daiichi 1110, #18 – #22

THREAD: Tiemco 16/0, White- Abdomen and Thorax…Tiemco 16/0, Gray – Head

TAIL: Moose Body Hair. Black – Nature’s Spirit

ABDOMEN: 1 strand Olive Super Hair, 2 strands Gray Super Hair wrapped over abdomen

WING: CDC Puff, Medium Dun

THORAX: UV 2 Fine and Dry, Adams Grey – Spirit River
A combination of elements from two proven patterns – Rim Chung’s RS-2 and Charlie Craven’s Juju series…

PT/TB

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/