View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 11:26 PM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of
Default Re: RS2 Sizing/ how to fish

The RS 2 is a pattern that has been around for over 30 years, There are many variations. Here is some information about the pattern and its' creator - Rim Chung:

One Fly Fisherman

This is the RS2 Home Page paying tribute to Rim Chung.

This is one I am playing with now and it may be tied on a light wire scud hook with a pearl or mercury glass bead and some 0.10 lead or lead sub. wraps under the thorax. I tie them in #14 - #22... fished deep or in the surface film and they ALL work...

Click the image to open in full size.

JUJU (UV 2) RS-2 EMERGER (Baetis, Gray/Olive)…Chung/Craven-Variant…or as my daughter ALLY would say. “Der…”…

HOOK: Daiichi 1110, #18 – #22

THREAD: Tiemco 16/0, White- Abdomen and Thorax…Tiemco 16/0, Gray – Head

TAIL: Moose Body Hair. Black – Nature’s Spirit

ABDOMEN: 1 strand Olive Super Hair, 2 strands Gray Super Hair wrapped over abdomen

WING: CDC Puff, Medium Dun

THORAX: UV 2 Fine and Dry, Adams Grey – Spirit River
A combination of elements from two proven patterns – Rim Chung’s RS-2 and Charlie Craven’s Juju series…

PT/TB

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/