View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 08:46 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saltwater Fish Photos....Post Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
Me to ! The only reason I used that term is because that's a southern flounder not a summer flounder. To me the only thing I call flounder is the winter flounder the one we catch with mussels and blood worms and corn chum! Unfortunately once you go below the mason - Dixon line every variety of flatfish is a flounder! I'm with you Marco grew up on fluke! When we heard that Charlie Nappi broke the world record for summer flounder with a 22lber and change we all said fluke!!

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Did you get the new TFO yet?
The actual distinction is "left side up" all flat swimmers start out swimming upright. Some migrate to the left some to the right. You'll notice that what we call a winter flounder up here, besides being smaller and not very aggressive it faces right when held upright. Our fluke face left, weird stuff.