Thread: Nautilus FWX
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 11:30 AM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Re: Nautilus FWX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetandsalt View Post
I fish an FWX 5/6 for larger trout on my Zenith #5 and it has all the drag strength plus super fine tunability a trout or light saltwater fisher would ever need. The stopping power of an NV?...no but that does not make it weak. It is a better built and better designed reel than most anything else in it's class and price range with the possible exception of the equally fine Hardy Ultralite DD. One cautionary note: FWX's are very light weight for their capacity and care must be taken that they will balance their intend rod properly.

Good to know , thank you. I read so much negative about the drag I pictured something a few steps above a click-pawl. It is very light and balances the sage one / TXL . I wouldn't put one on my Zaxis however. This will be my go to reel for future UL purchases.