View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 01:25 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spey rods for bass?

If you fish the kinda places that I do (and I think that you do) you'd be far better off buying a small watercraft than a spey style rod.
The ponds that I fish require relativity short but accurate casts into weed pockets and that's best accomplished with a rod in the 8' to 8 1/2" range ... give or take.

You were asking about float tubes the other day..... They were a rare sight here in New England not that long ago, but becoming more popular all the time, as are kayaks.
Of course the canoe is the traditional fishing watercraft in these parts and for good reason.
You'll find that there's a lot of used ones around from around $50 on up.
A good way to find a deal is to spot one that is obviously never used sitting in somebodies yard and just ask if they want to sell.
You'd be surprised how happy people are to clean out their yard this way.