View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 05:27 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fly Fishing Backpack

I guess it depends on the type of waders, wading boots, your change of clothing and whatever else you'd want to pack but I tend to think that the majority of fly fishing exclusive packs might be on the small side compared to what you're looking for.

The Daycreek pack, while nice is not all that large. You might want to consider the guide pack but there isn't a rod holder. If I were in your position, I'd start by gathering my items and putting them in a pack that you currently own and get the dimensions you think you might need. Then look at offerings from companies like Simms, Sage, Orvis, Fishpond, etc and make yourself a spreadsheet of their offerings and dimensions. If you can't find a pack with a rod holder in the size you're looking for, consider adding one that has a shoulder strap and or a D ring, then clip it to your pack.