View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 01:33 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help me select a saltwater line for cool waters.

The only time I use a sink tip is if I'm the boat fishing more than 30ft of water or more. When I'm wading an intermediate sinks just fine and is far easier to pick up out of the surf than a sinking line. What most saltwater guys don't realize is that even with a floating line if your fishing a 9' leader with a Clouser or other sinking fly your going to drop 9-10' even with a floating line.
When fishing the surf I can put a clouser on the bottom by adjusting my leader length with out having to resort to a sinking line. Sinking lines are difficult to lift and impossible to mend.