Thread: Abel Reels
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 07:56 PM

troutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Abel Reels

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckalanik View Post
I dont understand. Why are abel reels so much more expensive? Can the drag system really make that much of a difference?
I guess it's because some people are willing to pay the high price. Certainly isn't necessary on brook trout. It just satisfies the urge to spend alot to get what you think is the best. If you are willing to spend that much on a reel you should be willing to spend at least as much on a rod !

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
Fishing is supposed to be fun and it's something that came from humble roots if you think about it. We have things so much in excess of what or forefathers did it is ridiculous if you really think about it. Then again, we live in the world of bigger, stronger, improved, faster, better.

For years, I bought equipment that was middle of the line at best and it always did me just fine. Now I'm at a point where I can spend a little more and buy nicer gear and more gear that truthfully I don't NEED.

Buy what you can afford, what you need and enjoy your time on the water. That's what this sport is all about and over the last few years in particular I am focusing more and more on just being out there and doing it.
Well said, very well said.