View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 09:06 PM

comeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud of
Default Re: Abel Creek 1 LA vs SA for my Sage LL 389?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70boss302 View Post
Hey Guys, Thanks for the replies so far. Keep' em coming. I just need to sort out in my mind whether a Creek Large Arbor would make sense on a Sage 389LL.

Also, if I wanted that reel to do double duty on my 4 weight, what size spare spool might I consider?

Frank- I bet you do wish you still had it!!! Did you ever search to see if your old Boss 302 is still out there? (If you're curious, you could investigate that thought on the Boss site: The BOSS 302 Registry). I also live in SE PA and am starting my search for my 1970 Boss 302.

Peter
I have a couple rods where I have one reel and a spare spool for either a 1 & 3wt setup or 3&4. I don't do it to much because I tend to

A) be a gear junky and want new things
B) buy stuff miraculously right before they close out so I have a hard time finding spools anywhere but ebay ( I don't do PayPal)
C) I loan rods to buddies a fair amount so makes it tough to have 2 rods one reel set up.