View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 11:51 AM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New Waders question

What amount would not "break the bank" for you?

If you are comfortable in that 100 to 200 dollar range, as unpopular as this may be around here, the BPS or Cabelas brands are hard to beat and come with a phenomenal warranty - which you will be using.

If you want to spend a bit more, I really like the Simms Headwaters although I have heard a lot of great things about the redingtons as well.

The main difference - aside from price - is the possible ease of warranty work. If you go with the big box store option, you simply bring your old waders in and exchange for a new pair.

If you go with the simms or redingtons, you often have to send them back to the manufacturer and wait.

It's all about what you prefer.

For a while I did hte big box store thing but was tired of going every couple of months. I went with the Simms and haven't had an issue for a year now. They cost more but not having to exchange them all the time was worth it for me - my time is quite valuable to me.