Thread: Thread bodies ?
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 12:17 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Thread bodies ?

Beautiful weaves, Silver! I've used embroidery floss for larger bodied stonefly nymphs. What size floss is that on the Paraloop (hackle-stacker)? I really love that pattern but haven't tied any for a year or so.

----

Sorry, I didn't finish reading the thread to find out you did not tie those. Still, awesome paraloop. I am gonna make some of those tonight.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrp5087 View Post
I tied them with embroidery floss from walmart costs .35$ per color bundle and lasts for ever. Tie lead under the body and taper for a smooth fly. The taper is key. Any color combo in the world will work. If you want to do smaller flies just strip out some of the threads from the floss (usually 6 individual threads) for this one I used 4 of the six for each color. I used the overhand knot method (kinda time consuming).
Absolutely. I went to JoAnn Fabrics and bought a shank of every color years ago and still have most of it. Now I need to go find a finer floss for smaller hooks.