View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 08:45 AM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Good spey rod for stillwater bass

Now I just need to crush YouTube for spey casting technique videos. Already seen a couple. Most people say to get a casting lesson for spey, I honestly don't think it looks too hard from the videos. I'm sure its difficult to get everything perfect, but I don't have any fears about learning it all on my own.

I have been using undersized rods for most of my fly fishing years, and it has allowed me to figure out distance casting techniques on my own. I discovered the technique of hauls and double halls on my own before I even knew it was a real thing.

I think theres a lot of advantages to using an undersized rod, makes you learn how to get the most out of your casting.

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

I appreciate the offer on selling the rod, but 9 weight is a little above what I'm looking for. I'm mostly fishing for largemouth so I'm deciding between 7 and 8 right now.

I currently have a 906 and 909 Backwater Diamondback rods, so I want a weight I don't have yet.

Again, thank you for offering though, nice to see stuff like that on the forum.