View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 01:17 PM

oarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to all
Default Re: Pyramid Lake.... any suggestions?

This info comes from my FF club, I've taken out club members names and phone #. Myself I have not fished that lake, I have fish from a ladder once on Eagle lake and did not care for it.

Equipment: 6-8 weight rods with hi-speed, hi-D shooting heads or fast sink integrated lines to fish the bottom in 6 to 9 feet of water, and a floating line for indicator fishing. Five weight rods will work also. You should bring a stripping basket and a ladder that will accommodate it. A ladder helps to get you up out of the cold water and enable you to cast out to where the fish are. You can still catch fish without one but not with near as much consistency.
Flies: Woolly buggers in black, white, purple, olive, midge, caddis and mayfly nymphs to name a few. Plan to attend the Confab to see how some of the best Pyramid patterns are made. Bring a vise and tie some yourself. . There is a general store with provisions as well as tackle and an assortment of flies. A ladder helps to get up and out of the cold water and enable you to cast to the fish, you can still catch fish without one but not with near as much consistency.
Crosby's Lodge (775 476-0400)

I'll know more about flys for Pyramid after the 16th of this month.

Rick