View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 02:58 PM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Orvis Shooting Star spey rod

My experience with Orvis:

I love their single hand rods. they are a blast and I've always enjoyed them. Their two-handers, however, I have not had the same experience. I have not casted a shooting star, but I have casted an Access Switch and a Helios Spey. I like neither. When you cast something like a Winston, Echo, high end Sage, even a TFO Deer Creek, you will know what I'm talkhng about. You might not have the same experience though. I would say, ask the Orvis store if you can get out and cast it on the water. My Orvis store is willing to let me do it, so I don't see why yours wouldn't. If you like the rod, then by all means buy it. You fight with spey is just begining though. It's an expensive battle to find out what you like for lines on that rod. Don't let me crush your spey dreams because there is nothing like it. I love it. But, it did take me some time to find out what I liked on Spey.