View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 08:49 PM

watson will become famous soon enoughwatson will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Took a big step today....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
Well I met with the counselor yesterday and at first was pretty impressed but then after some thought was a bit put off. It seemed to me like their focus was on pushing the 4 year degree, which suffice to say is way out of my league financially. I need to keep looking and searching community college programs that are better suited for what I want and need to learn.
Wt bash,
It is a business so in many cases they will push it upon you, but continue to look into your options. Any education is good education, but I agree that it makes all the difference in what you study.

I know you can take non-credited classes, audit classes or I have even seen people squat for an education. My point is people come to classes purely just for the education and not the degree. I don't know what that would offer you other than the knowledge but I guess it just depends on what you are looking to achieve.

If a four year degree is not all that practical, maybe you could look into various certificate programs that are offered?

Certificate programs may only consists of seven or eight classes but have a direct focus. Students often return just to get a certificate in hopes of making themselves more valuable to the job market.

I don’t know if it was worthy, I just thought I would throw it out there.

Peace,
Watson