View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 10:40 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I am now a total believer in there is such a thing as 'Dumb Stupid Luck.'

Back in my smoking days I had kind of the same thing happen but it was with a Bic. Right before I went in the Navy I was working at Redman Mobile Homes in Ft. Collins, CO. We built mobile homes.

I used to jump in and out of the things by doing a half turn and landing on my butt, and then roll in. All fine and good except I had killed all of my front pockets by stuffing them with pocket killing things like racks of staples and nails. As a result I ended up with all of my stuff in my back pockets. One day I went out on the loading dock for a smoke. I had longer hair then, still had the mustache. I had over washed my hair apparently and had a reallt 'fritzty' thing going on. I went to light my ciggarette and it it blew up and shot fire about a foot right at my face. It hit me more on one side than the other, and it burned the 'fritz' off in a nice slow manner so I could with my peripheral vision see it go up on my right and back down my left. It did a fair job of eyebrow removal and singed the heck out of my mustache. Like you I need glasses, but wear contacts now. In those days it was glasses. I'm not sure how my eyes would have faired in it, but I was glad I had the eye wear between me and Mt. St. Bic.

( think I damaged it by landing on it one time to many )

I almost forgot to ask if your thumb made it out OK. Mine did and one of the first things I did was to look and see if my whole thumb was there. I was amazed it made it out better than my face did.