View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 07:33 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I need your help. My wife is going to kill me.

Sorry, dont vote for people I don't know, but will pass on this tidbit, my wife was of a similar mindset at one point.

I got around this by garage sales and craigslist - instead of buying new rods I started looking for them when I went "treasure hunting" adn find rods for anywhere from $5 to $25 (depending on how good they were) or I would barter for them on CL for zero dollars out of pocket.

Being mechanically inclined, I have flipped a few projects now, motorcycles, boat motors, etc, for way more than I had in them, and have used that money to get what I wanted including a decent dirt bike for my son, one for me, a couple boats, a few antique boat motors, fly rods, waders, even things that go bang.

It wasnt that she didn't want me having fly rods, she just didn't want me spending a couple hundred at a pop to get one, so now I have projects to keep me busy, a quiver of fly rods, a few vices, a bamboo wall hanger that looks good over my desk and is still fishable, etc.

Just a thought on a way to get a rod or two without forking out big bucks. I have learned over the years that just cuz it is last years (or last decades) rod or reel doesn't prevent it from catching fish, and old fiberglass fly rods can be had for a song at garage sales like $5 to $10 bucks.

d

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.