View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 10:22 AM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To sum this whole category up

Wow.

All I have to say is that if watching a video was a substitute for personal instruction, there would be no need for instructors of any kind. Otherwise, we could learn how to drive a golf ball from watching Tiger Woods hit a few off of the tee in slow motion and explaining what he is doing. And I submit that driving a golf ball is a simpler motion than the back and forth motion of casting.

The problem is that a beginner does not know what they are doing right or wrong, even with a video. Videos are better than no video at all, but it is very difficult to learn what is going wrong with your own cast by looking at what is going right with the instructor's cast. I've yet to see a video take a beginners hand and change a grip, or cast holding the student's hand through the cast.

Silver

http://tinyurl.com/kkctayx

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy