View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 12:04 PM

trout trekker has much to be proud oftrout trekker has much to be proud oftrout trekker has much to be proud oftrout trekker has much to be proud oftrout trekker has much to be proud oftrout trekker has much to be proud oftrout trekker has much to be proud oftrout trekker has much to be proud oftrout trekker has much to be proud oftrout trekker has much to be proud of
Default Re: do heavy weights really affect us?

A good question might be, how many here think it was more of a problem years ago when most of the rods were heavier and when the big reels & spools tended to be heavy walled and often un-ported?
Some of those old graphite 1 and early boron/graphite composite rods really weighed in, by comparison to many of today’s offerings. Those rods when used in lengths beyond nine feet, could be a pain to bring to a complete stop, hundreds of times per day. Today, I could probably buy two bonefish reels, that cumulatively weigh less than my un-ported A/R Bonefish reel of the early nineties.

Regardless of balance, it all needs to be held in a particular manner, put into a specific motion and stopped - hundreds of times per day. That's why I'm a trout trekker now, but it wasn't always that way.

TT