View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 01:04 PM

trout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: do heavy weights really affect us?

A good question might be, how many here think it was more of a problem years ago when most of the rods were heavier and when the big reels & spools tended to be heavy walled and often un-ported?
Some of those old graphite 1 and early boron/graphite composite rods really weighed in, by comparison to many of today’s offerings. Those rods when used in lengths beyond nine feet, could be a pain to bring to a complete stop, hundreds of times per day. Today, I could probably buy two bonefish reels, that cumulatively weigh less than my un-ported A/R Bonefish reel of the early nineties.

Regardless of balance, it all needs to be held in a particular manner, put into a specific motion and stopped - hundreds of times per day. That's why I'm a trout trekker now, but it wasn't always that way.

TT