View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 03:07 PM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future
Default Re: To sum this whole category up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster
How about this scenario which happens at times, someone asks a basic question in their own words and in the responses they get they learn a bit of nomenclature to help define their YouTube search better.
Really good point, Jackster! All sports, trades, scientific communities, jobs have their own esoteric language or mumbo jumbo if you prefer. Just a few days ago a guy was talking about "fade" and Silver pointed out that the accepted term for the technique is "drift". I don't think a search of "fly casting, fade" would do anything but return the searcher to his own post- and now this one.

Until you learn the terms and what they really mean, it is hard to learn anything. Even on this board I'm sometimes stymied by anacronyms and abbreviations. That's why I try to type the whole name out the first time followed by the acronym in parentheses.