View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 03:27 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favorite alewife patterns

The Rhody flatwing is my go-to
You can adjust the color anyway you like as long as you remember to keep it very sparse.
I skip the peacock topping myself as it tends to foul and instead substitute some dark bucktail. Purple or Navy blue

Rhody Flat Wing

(I just read the recipe.... before tying in the tail hackle (step 3) you need a "pillow" to keep the tail from fouling
This is nothing more than a dubbing bump tied in on top of the bucktail wraps at the end of step 2.
I use the fluff off of the saddle hackle, but you can use anything that's sitting around)