View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 12:03 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Refuse To Fish Without It: Anyone Else Carry Nostalgic Gear?

Having had many items over the years that always went with me I can understand how you feel. Unfortunately all my long running favorites have pretty much run their course. The one that's loss bothers me the most is a pair of G-96 pliers that I had on every trip over a 30 year period ! Somehow they were misplaced and of course they are no longer made!
I've had vests one lasting 12 years and my favorite Woolrich one making it almost 15 ( no pockets left had to retire ).
I have a leather fly wallet that my Dad gave me that I also retired as its seen better days.
I do have one thing that has survived all the years and actually looks fairly new, a leather leader straightener that I rarely use ( use my fingers ) and yet my daughter had bought me a new vest for Christmas and found myself transferring it from the old vest to the new even though I'll probably never use it! Feels like it needs to be there! Now if I could just come up with some G-96s I'd feel complete!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser