Thread: Nautilus FWX
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 10:33 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Nautilus FWX

The reasons I picked up an FWX are weight, cost and because they're built within our shores.
The drag is fine for trout fishing. As someone else said, you can always use the exposed palming rim to help slow down a hot fish but that when combined with the additional drag of the line through the water and the friction of the line through the guides should add enough drag to control most fish that that this reel is designed to use on.
The only criticism I have about it is the less than ideal bushings they use over bearings and, on my reel anyhow, the sloppy fit between the bushings and the spindle.
I'm glad to see a manufacturer have a bit of faith in this country by making their gear here and I look forward to watching them grow. For the decent price they charge for their U.S.A. made reels they are my heros. I wish them all the best.

Last edited by Jackster; 02-11-2013 at 10:08 PM.