View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 09:30 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My winter spey rod project.

I used to get them from Merrick Tackle but they don't do retail. I think I got some from feather craft, they were in 8 pt. Helvetica which in white matches St. Croix's label pretty well. You can stick a "Custom made for Blah H. Bahblah" "By Whoever P. Whatshisname" and it looks like it came from St. Croix like that. I had a bunch of Gold Helvetica that matched G. Loomis really well but they don't do blanks anymore. I like this big commercial script. It has almost the same exact style as the Thomas and Thomas label. It's silver on this rod. I used silver on my Meiser. I'd try looking around at office supplies. Chartpak made all the ones I use. I like it. My hand writting is not good enough to free hand paint and a fine pen tip. I tried it and don't like it. This has the advantage that if you goof, you can remove the letter. I also should have mentioned I clean the blank where the letters go with alcohol before doing the letters. I'll look and see if I can find a source for them.