View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 11:56 AM

djamtime will become famous soon enough
Default Re: UV Dubbing on Attractor Nymphs?

I have just recently purchased a variety pack of lightning dub from Whitaker's in Pulaski NY. I am fairly a newbie to fly fishing, and even newer to fly tying. I have however had some success. I tie a lot of my patterns with creativity. Basically I take everyone else's patterns and add my own twist I just tied a #10 BH black stone with the black lightning dub, using brown goose biots for legs and tail. (tried to post a pic, but my phone is on it's last leg :/) To me the pattern only slightly resembles a stone in shape and feature, but damn... the blackish purple dubbing with the UV flash is sexy. I tie a lot based on Loren Williams' concept that fish eat bugs, and in a river full of bugs a stand-out bug may make the difference. Haven't had a chance to cast the stone yet, maybe this afternoon if the sun stays out.

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Alright, I got one.. Please feel free to give me some critique. I have never really shown anyone my ties before. I am aware that I am tied a little far up the bead. How are my proportions?

Click the image to open in full size.