View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 11:11 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Material for Sucker spawn : Angora yarn vs Glo Bug yarn ?

These are some of my most productive egg patterns. This is pic heavy.

Blood Dot--tie them very sparse and you'll get a great translucent effect which is ideal for lower and clear water. I tie the natural colors this way. For water with good flow and color, I use hot colors and tie them a little more dense. I mostly stick with #14 hooks and sometimes tie them as though I'm tying on a #16. Bigger hook, less material.

Click the image to open in full size.

Sucker Spawn--angora. One cut of yarn, separate the three strands and tie them into one fly.

Krystal Meth/Krystal Spawn--I like mine with one row of diamond braid but it's not bad to have a few with 2 rows for higher water.

This one is tied on a #16

Scrambled egg with a tungsten bead and one single strand of krystal flash in the center.

This is a sucker spawn of sorts but tied with micro glo bug yarn. I lash the yarn down and pull the different colored to the other side to get the alternating colored effect.

Last but not least, my egg box. The key with eggs is have a variety of colors for the variable conditions of water flow and weather. Sometimes you need natural colors, sometime you need hot colors. Don't be afraid to experiment and make tweaks. Sometimes that can make all the difference in the world.

Last edited by jaybo41; 02-09-2013 at 12:21 PM.