View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 12:27 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Material for Sucker spawn : Angora yarn vs Glo Bug yarn ?

Not a problem Ben, glad to give you some ideas!

Sorry about the confusion, I actually noticed that I was missing 2 photos--which have since been updated.

For the first photo of the Blood Dot and the sixth photo of the Scrambled Egg I use regular Glo Bug Yarn. McFly Foam also works good too. I cut the Glo Bug Yarn into 1-2 inch strips then separate that strip into 4 or more pieces depending on how translucent and sparse I want the fly to be.

What are now the 8th and 9th photos is where I used the Micro Glo Bug yarn. One strand of "Egg" color and one strand of whatever you like. I recommend peach, orange, blue, chartreuse, pink tied in with the "Egg" color.

As for colors, when it's low and clear I stick with natural/light/pale colors for the most part but will also try hot colors if I'm not getting takes just to mix it up. At dawn and dusk, my go to colors are blue and chartreuse. When the water gets colored I tend to go with larger profile/dense materials and usually in vibrant colors in hopes that something I throw stands out. Of course the amount of clouds/sun can have an impact too but I'm sure you are probably familiar with that aspect of things fishing for trout.