View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 02:05 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UV Dubbing on Attractor Nymphs?

djamtime,

That's a killer looking fly from what I can tell from your picture. Looks like you did lots right with that one! The only improvement I see is the head looks a little crowded but that might just be the angle of the photo? I'd fish that fly with confidence. In fact, I'll take a dozen!

I mix the dubbing sometimes and I also use it without mixing. All depends on the fly. I tie a caddis larva with a Lazer Dubbing body and instead of a peacock collar, I use Black UV dubbing. Even picky spring creek trout seem to like it.

Not only on attractors but they work great on those anchor flies that you want to get deep. Here's one I had good success with last year. Rainbow scud dubbing with a pink hot spot and black UV collar.

Click the image to open in full size.

These guys haven't seen the water yet but I suspect they will be productive. Bunny zonked tied over black Lazer Dubbing that's been teased out.

Last edited by jaybo41; 02-09-2013 at 02:21 PM.