Thread: Bourbon
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 03:46 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquires View Post
Well, either most folks are out fishing or bourbon is not nearly as popular as scotch. Hopefully more suggestions come in.

BTW, Larry, I know you have a couple of darn good restaurants in Pinedale. I got a lecture from the chef in one of them for ordering a steak medium well. After I asked her who was eating the steak and who was paying for the steak, she shut up and went back into the kitchen. But she would be happy to know I have since changed to medium.
John: Yes, out her it is either rare or medium rare for beef!
Things have gotten tougher finding a good place to eat here in town, or maybe its just not enough choices now that I'm a local.
Before I got here there was a place called McGuires (I think that was the name) that had a fabulous reputation, but it closed. Then last year Vic McMurry (his father owned the Jona Oil Field) got married to a gal from AZ and she convinced him to sell his WY holdings and move to AZ, so they closed the Half Moon Bay Lodge (a first class place to eat). I had heard rumors that he bought that place for something like 2-3 million then upgraded it big time dumping several more million into it and it definitely looked it, very stunning. He tried selling the resort but couldn't find any takers so last fall he put it up for auction and it sold for 1.7 million. No big deal for Vic as it was just a tax write off anyway, but we lost a first class place to eat.