View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 10:14 AM

troutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Abel Creek 1 LA vs SA for my Sage LL 389?

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeonavs View Post
I have a couple rods where I have one reel and a spare spool for either a 1 & 3wt setup or 3&4. I don't do it to much because I tend to

A) be a gear junky and want new things
B) buy stuff miraculously right before they close out so I have a hard time finding spools anywhere but ebay ( I don't do PayPal)
C) I loan rods to buddies a fair amount so makes it tough to have 2 rods one reel set up.
I see (some) similarities here. I have one reel set up for two 4wts. and another set up for a 5 wt. and an extra spool for a 6wt. My reasons for not doing too much of that are:

a.) I also am a gear junky and want new gear
b.) usually buy stuff miraculously right before they go on sale and end up paying more than I should because I was impatient
c.) I don't loan gear to my buddies because when I do.. it comes back altered ecstatically of physically altered
I have been looking for a good Sage 389-3 LL for sometime, but don't like to buy on the internet. People ask me why I would consider buying outdated technology. Go figure!

Last edited by troutnut4; 02-12-2013 at 07:09 AM.