View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 09:51 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Members Fly Boxes

Quote:
WOW!!!
I'm jealous. I'm not that good of tier, and all of your boxes look like a vendor getting ready to stock the local shop. what a great assortment of flies you guys have.
Quote:
Great boxes!

Always shames me into start tying more
Quote:
WOW Ok, Ok those are all Fabulous

However, you guys can't possibly ever use all those & their weighting you down when your fishing.........

Being the kinda guy I am & concerned that you don't ruin your back & hence your ability to fly fish......all you have to do is put 1 of each of your flies or half of all your flies in an envelope & send them to me & I will carry the burden & weight...

So that you guys are able to enjoy many more years fly-fishing

So just PM me for my address
Folks, the best way to stock up on flies is to tie a little at a time, when you can. I'm sure most of us who have such large collections, didn't do it over night. It can be done, but tying should be fun, not just a means to fill boxes. When I was tying commercially, many dozens of the same flies, it can get to be work & quite monotonous, so now I restrict my tying to a few of each pattern, usually a dozen or less and will often switch to something completely different after tying one pattern. Breaks up the monotony & allows me to add different fly types to what I already have tied. Sometimes, I'm tying the same pattern type, but perhaps changing colors or hook sizes.

Even if you only tie about an hour per day, or every other day, it will be surprising how fast the flies accumulate. And for those who feel their tying is not good, the best way to improve is to do it as often as you can!

Roofish, thanks for the concern about the well being of the members!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!