Thread: Montana in July
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 10:03 AM

mrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to behold
Default Montana in July

Well, I am finnally going to do it. That is, fish west of the Mississippi (other than Alaska). Two of my buddies have asked me to accompany them to Monatana the second week of July to fish the Bitterroot, the Selway, and Lochsa rivers/streams/creeks. The problem is I have no experience with the midwestern waters. I want to start planning now.

I am pretty sure my Winston Biit 9' 5wt, and my BVK 9' 5wt will cover most everything I am likely to encounter. One is matched to a Hardy 5000DD and a Rio Gold WF5F line. The other is matched to a Marryat MR7 and a Wulff long belly WF5F, so I think I am good with rods/reels and hardware (tell me if I am wrong).

They have told me to plan on stimulators and terrestrials.....ok.....details please. I know some of you are more than familiar with this area, and I am begging for some help. What should I start tying? Patterns, sizes color variations, etc. please.

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Remember: The winner gets to write the history books.