I was just looking around and reading fly fishing stuff and came across a story that should serve as a cautionary tale.
A guy was tying a fly. Like many of us, he used super glue occasionally. Anyway, he had an bottle he had not opened in a while. He tried to squeze it with no results. He then got out a needle and poked the opening to remove the clog. That's when the trouble started. As soon as he pulled the pin, it sprayed a nice stream of super glue right into his eye.
He held his eye lids open as he could and ran for the sink. He ran the water into his eye for several minutes while the wife called the Poison Control Center. They asked if his eye was glued shut, which gives me shudders to contemplate, but they said no.
They said to run it for at least 5 minutes (I think, may have been 10
) in the stream of water. They then said he would have blurred vision in that eye for 10 days or more.
I can't imagine the trouble he would have been in if he had glued it shut. The moral of the story is when you unplug the super glue, don't point it at your face.