View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 08:23 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Bride Won a Free SA Fly Line, Help Me Choose

Jackster, Except for the longer front taper, aren't the 1st Sharkskin Ultimate Trout and 2nd Textured Trout Stalker quite similar tapers? Sort of compounded sophisticated riffs on our long loved Expert Distance line? I think both these new lines are excellent but, maybe it is the salt in me but Sharkskin is hard on my hands and Textured seems to have most of the same virtues but is easier to handle. Also, RIO has modified the coating technology on both Gold and Grande this winter, if buying Gold, be aware of this.

These are all top choice floating presentation lines but that does not mean each is ideally suited to your personal fly rod. No mater how good the line, comparative testing still is important. As Jackster said though, the Winstons along with, I'll add, Hardy and Sage rods tend to be true to size.