View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 12:30 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fly tying warning!

Back when I was working at the museum we used a lot of super glue. Never even gave a thought to squirting it into an eye.

I was glueing a fossil back together one day and had a tiny bit on my finger I was not aware of. I had an itch on my eyelid and yup, glued my finger to my eyelid. Had a friend/co-worker very carefully seperate them with a sharp X-Acto knife.

We were making a mold of a fossil skull another time and had a tooth bust up removing the mold. The same guy, on purpose, glued the last very tiny piece of the tooth to his finger to get it into place and then sawed it off with an X-Acto knife.

We used to buy the stuff by the case. We were glueing fingers together all the dang time. As instantly as it bonds skin, the guy who shot it into his eye is so lucky he didn't glue it shut. What a disaster that would have been. Need an eye patch smiley for that one.