View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Smile I'm Back From The Cabin...............

Hello Everyone

It's been since Christmas since I decided to take a trip to our cabin out at Hewitt Lake and I've missed a bunch of discussions for sure here. I arrived back in Willow last night at 9:00 PM after a long rough trip home on the frozen rivers. The high waters of fall resulted in much broken ice on all of the rivers and this in turn produced ridges, shelves, and huge burgs of ice worse than the normal. When combined with the warm weather that precipitated my trip home the ride of some 77 miles was all hard surface, all the way. By the time I reached the Upper Yentna River valley the temperature had dipped to 9 degrees and all that soft snow formed up well. I'll get myself together over the next few days and then do some writing about the past couple months and the experiences I had out there.

I was ready to come home almost 2 weeks ago because I had exhausted my supply of building materials ie: I could do no more interior work. The weather however did not cooperate and there were no mail planes arriving at Skwentna for the past 10 days. I needed to wait for a plane so I could have Boss flown into Anchorage which would free me up to leave. Yesterday the skies cleared and a plane came in at 2:00 PM and off he went During those 10 days while we waited for transport the area where the cabin is located received almost 34 inches of snow atop of the 3 feet on the ground prior to that. I am happy to be home and the luxury of electric lights and running water are greatly appreciated by this traveler for sure.

Right before I left I did pick up a new 13' 7 weight Hardy Marksman rod for the spring trout season and I'll have to get a photo up on the Rod Love thread soon I guess. It's been a long time friends and I'm glad to be able to send out this post to the group.

I will be reading PM's and threads in an effort to catch up for quite some time but will begin posting soon also.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;