View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 02:50 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Members Fly Boxes

As usual when our members start posting fly boxes the results are breathtaking. While I still have all my dry fly boxes and some nymphs & wets from trout fishing the lower 48 for many years I began building salmon fishing boxes in 1980. Over the years I added additional boxes as they seemed to be needed. Now I have boxes that contain flies for specific species of salmon as well as trout / steelhead patterns.

Here's the one that has the highest level of hope in its clips, my King Salmon box.
Click the image to open in full size.

A closer look at the flies; many on the left leaf are flies received from others with wishes for their use. One of them so far has landed 2 kings. The other patterns although simple have proven themselves over the years so I stay the course with them.

I'll stick with the thread and see some more of the boxes that are posted, (awesome show of fly tying) and add some pictures of flies from boxes for other species in additional posts. I've reached my limits and don't plan on more fly boxes............ Unless I find a deal on a swing leaf 80 clip #5 box that is

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;