Thread: Best Fish
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 06:22 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Fish

I have way to many to list, but my biggest was an 805 pound Pacific Blue Marlin when I was in the Navy. Actually a pretty memorable one as well because the guy I was fishing with pretty much wanted to get it over as fast as possible and backed the boat at it like we were on a deadline. It was way to green when we got to it and it landed in the boat. Nobody was injured, but it did some damage. I never took fish pictures in those days. I might have with that one but I didn't even bring a camera along.

My most memorable from recent years, is the first Lake Sturgeon I hooked fly fishing. It was in the md 60" long range. It jumped right in front of me with the fly hanging in the corner of it's mouth. This was all experimental so I was quite happily shocked when I discovered it worked. It ran me out way into backing and I tried to hard to turn it and busted it off. I landed the next one and have a phot of that one, but the first was way more memorable even though I lost it.

I have a lot of really memorable ones. My first Northern Pike over 40" on a fly rod. My first really big Walleye on a fly rod. lots of them.