Thread: Best Fish
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Best Fish

I never heard the Marlin story Dan

Fred,

I believe my best King story is pretty much like yours. The fish was large but you don't weigh what you don't land do you? It grabbed the fly and then acted very much like Flipper while I stood there with my backing becoming extinct. It went under a down tree across and down river where it ran aground like your fish. While it was aground I reeled line and began wading a river that one should not attempt. Just before I reached the point of no return (because you then drown) the salmon got back into the water and streaked down river crossing back to the side I was on when the show began. It skidded through the riffles at the tail of the run I had been fishing and raced on down. I was left knowing that all I could do was to point the rod at the fish and clamp the reel hoping to have a fly line when things broke.

The leader knot popped, the line was spared, and I began to examine seriously the way I was reacting when I hooked into a hot fish. In the many years that have passed since that king showed me what for I've refined my game and there have been way too many to recall or to post pictures of here. A few other notables have been brown trout down east and large sea run char here in AK. My first Alaskan Grayling was pretty memorable but at the time I was not photographing fish and thus you would have to take my word that it was a beauty. On and on and like Big Jim, perhaps they all have been the best

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;