View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 11:09 AM

moucheur2003 has much to be proud ofmoucheur2003 has much to be proud ofmoucheur2003 has much to be proud ofmoucheur2003 has much to be proud ofmoucheur2003 has much to be proud ofmoucheur2003 has much to be proud ofmoucheur2003 has much to be proud ofmoucheur2003 has much to be proud ofmoucheur2003 has much to be proud ofmoucheur2003 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Spring fed pond with stocked trout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
I'm guessing that this pond is pretty "fertile" ..... lawn run-off, ducks, Canada geese ?
If so, it would be prime habitat for aquatic worms. They're much more common than people realize.
Try scooping out a handful of the bottom muck and see what you get. I betya you come up with a a bunch of little wigglers.

I'm not much for the "worm and a bobber" tactic but if you find these aquatic worms that's exactly what you should try.
A marabou worm jig fly under an indicator.
Cast it out, give it a twitch, let it sit..... strip it in a little, do it again.
Or a San Juan Worm or a beadhead Woolly Bugger.

If all else fails and you just have to get a tug on the line no matter the cost to your pride: mini-marshmallows sprayed with WD-40. I have second cousins in Montana who never fish with anything else.