Thread: Fly Line HELP!
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 12:42 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fly Line HELP!

Welcome to the forum. I'm not familiar with the action of the Three Forks rods but a quick search says moderate action.

GPX Textured is wonderful line, but it is heavier than a "true weight" line. Rio Grande is the same way. I'm not sure that I'd recommend either of these assuming it is a fast action rod. I'd recommend Rio Gold if you want to go the Rio Route, as Gold is a line that in my experience seems to be truer to the line weight. Since that's a preferred line of choice for me, I can't offer similar recommendations by other brands.

Keep in mind this is a general guideline and not carved in stone. Hopefully someone with this rod can provide some input for you based on first hand experience. Fly line isn't cheap.