View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 03:04 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to tie small bucktail flies?

When Turbineblade said size 8 to 10 hooks the first thing that came to mind were Mickey Finns, Black Nose Dace and small Blondes. To me this says short sparse bucktail for these smaller Clousers. But after reading what Jim and Rip posted I realize the fox and other substitutes would be a good substitute. I was just trying to go with the question of bucktail.
Actually one of my favorite SW Clousers is tied on an 8 and uses bead chain eyes and tan and white Antron Fibers with a bit if Flashabou and it's deadly!
Now I'll have to play with some fox and squirrel.
Just a note I've used Black Bear hair on small ones and it looks pretty nice!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser