View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 03:07 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: first "Dee" style...the blue moon

Around the tribs I'll fish gaudy fancy stuff when the water is stained or slightly off. Once it drops and clears up they tend to get a little trouty, plus with the popularity of the big flashy flies like intruders and hobo speys with all the tinsel and flash the subdued natural colors come into play more. From October to practically May our fish see every imaginable concoction tied to a hook so when they get lock jaw the natural, obscure and old forgotten patterns come out of the box. Plus I just can't justify spending an hour tying one fly that looks perfect in a photo and blows apart after a few casts or a few fish. Which is why I prefer folded wings like yours and plain old feather wing style flies, I like shorter rods lately and airborn casts and married wings just don't mesh well.