View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 03:39 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Minute of Your Time

I'm pretty much spot on with Bash's comments. I pay for quality as long as as it's not going to break the bank. Even if it is more expensive, some things ARE worth saving for.

What would factor into such a product for me is that rods are SECURE and SAFE and the rack poses no signs of use once removed from my vehicle. That is KEY. It should also be easy to assemble and tear down.

Until the name is well established, hands on experience would be the way to go. With a purchase like this, people will want to see it and make sure it properly fits on their vehicle since that's a variable.

Another thought: The overwhelming majority of racks these days are for single hand rods. If you had a 2 handed product that might be a good selling point for those folks who use 2 handed rods and thus help gain a customer base.

For whatever its worth, I have an SUV so I break my rods down and put them in a tube inside the vehicle.

Good luck.