Thread: Noobie north AL
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 06:01 PM

billyspey has a spectacular aura aboutbillyspey has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Noobie north AL

Great stream smallmouth bass fishing in your area , at one time there was a federation of flyfishing chapter in Huntsville ,Al. If so that would be a good starting point. Couple of guys at Big Daddy's in Bridgeport have interest in flyfishing. Might check with them. In Birmingham is Deep South Outfitters a flyfishing shop the owner is a warm water fly fisherman that fishes the streams in your area. Might give him a call. He has a guy that gives casting lesson and is a rod builder. The Flint is a great smallmouth stream that must be close to you. Guntersville lake should make for great bass fishing for fly fishing. Reason I know about area I travel thru N Bama a lot and wish I had more time to fish . Also a great shop in Nashville ,FlySouth with lots of warm water fishing experience. We can hook you up with help on this forum just hang around and see.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

Just noticed that the Tennessee Valley Fly Fishers has made a post of meetings in Huntsville good place to make contact for your area.