View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 06:48 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Setup for a trip to Chile & Uruguay

Allen: Welcome to the forum! I can't help with the information you are looking for, but it sounds like an awesome trip, do you need someone to carry your luggage?

I'd take a 5 wt with a WF floating line for the small trout water. If I knew the area was windy I'd bump that to a 6 wt. The 8 wt will do nicely for the larger water, especially in the wind and as you suggested a WF floating line and a sink tip or Rio Riomax II Verisitip as suggested. I wouldn't bother with a full sinking line unless you plan on doing some stillwater fishing and you're dredging the depths. When I'm throwing streamers I like a floating line with weighted streamers and a sink tip line for unweighted streamers, so plan on taking both. If you could find an outfitter online that could offer some direction in the way of fly selection that would be a big help.