View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 01:21 PM

klunker will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Hunting and Fishing on Federal Lands a Priority in New Legislation

I concur with Dan and Dave on this one. I find the increase in funding to dubious agendas disturbing. Climate change and Renewable Energy being 2 good examples. These are a waste of money that could be better spent directly on habitat improvement.

Also I find the big push for "access" to public lands/waters to be problematic. I have seen this on local lakes. Big push for "improved" access ended up in big piers, paved parking lots, and bigger/better boat landings. These lakes had access prior to the improvement but they effectively limited access to smaller craft and smaller tow vehicles. Canoes, small row boats, pontoons and kayaks. Now we have to endure more traffic, bigger boats, more garbage and destruction of habitat due to this increased traffic. And 2 of these lake were "no motors" allowed before. Small lakes, about 100 acres or less. Again if all this money was more efficiently spent on habitat improvement it would improve fishing opportunities instead of degrading the current experience. The money should of been given to local sportsman clubs to do the habitat improvement (fish cribs for example) with the over sight of state DNR.