View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 01:34 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Swap #2: Emergers

Well, it started off as a CDC variant of Rim Chung's RS2 on a #22 hook, but the CDC oiler puffs I had were terrible. So, I had to go back to some of the hair patches that I purchased for the Dry Fly swap; and it morphed into a Serendipity on a #18 emerger hook.

Here's a pic of the RS2 variant on a #22 dry fly hook (it's a rough tie, sort of a prototype; that's when I discovered the oiler puff problem):

Click the image to open in full size.

The idea was to pull the CDC way forward so that the body of the fly would sit pretty low in the film, but be easy to see; but.............................

Then out came the Z-Lon and the bleached deer hair and here's the Olive Serendipity that it became:

Click the image to open in full size.

I have them all done now and will get them shipped out next Monday.

Pocono

Last edited by Pocono; 02-18-2013 at 05:44 AM.