Thread: Gorge Fly Shop
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 07:10 AM

brian miville has a spectacular aura aboutbrian miville has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Gorge Fly Shop

The fly shop near me, Stone River Outfitters, I fell in love with the minute I walked through the door. The guy who was working there did not sit there breathing over my shoulder, but said "if you need help finding anything don't be afraid to ask." And when I did need help something he would stop what he was doing and happily bring me to it. I couldn't find soft hen hackle. "Oh yes, I have that in an odd place, here they are....feel free to check through them all since the coloration is different." Couldn't find the Bucktails. "Yup, right over here on this back wall." This had to be the best experience in a store of any kind in a long time. I have been in stores where you couldn't get anyone to even blink at you even when you had a fist full of cash you WANTED to spend (hello Sears, I am looking at you ), and in stores where they just wouldn't leave you alone no matter what. The guy at Stone River made an instant repeat customer out of me on the first day.