Thread: Abel Reels
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 08:17 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abel Reels

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeonavs View Post
Thanks guys....really appreciate the support , I am 48 hrs in to my commitment to not buy anymore gear.

I have the below reels for sub 5wt rods....don't need another one

Ross Evo O and spare spool
Sage Click II
Sage Click 3200
Nautilus FWX
Lamson Guru 1.5
Ross Rhythm 1.5
Ross Evo LT2
Allen Trout II
Bauer MSL 2.0

Now you have me looking at a reel to match my nippers argggghhhhh

What is the difference between Abel Creek std arbor and Large Arbor. Obviously I know what large arbor means but the diameter is the same ,so how is one std and one large if they are the same diameter ?

Read this first.

Abel Reels - FlexABELity

In theory, it's going to allow you to use the same frame with a greater variety of lines. If you purchase extra spools, this is obviously true. The problem is given the cost of spools, in some cases you might just be better off with another reel Avs, I think I warned you before when you got those nippers, but I'm going on record: Abel is a slippery slope. When you get one, there will be more. Just ask Chi, and grouch, and <insert other Abel owners here>.